Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid
Wrexham could be going all Hollywood after it was announced Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are trying to take over the club.
Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are in talks over a shock takeover bid for National League side Wrexham, the club confirmed on Wednesday.
Wrexham goes to Hollywood?
Deadpool actor Reynolds and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia star McElhenney will get the chance to put forward their vision for the Welsh team after a resolution was passed at a Special General Meeting.
Wrexham have been in fan ownership since 2011 but a takeover would see a reported £2million being invested into the club.
A statement said 97.5 per cent of Wrexham Supporters Trust voters (1,223 members) voted in favour of the resolution at a ballot on Tuesday.
In quotes prior to Reynolds and McElhenney being revealed as the interested party, Trust director Rob Harris told BBC Wales: "All we're going to commit to - because we're not going to pressure on ourselves - is that we will conclude the discussions as soon as possible.
"We will get to a position when the potential investors put forward a deal and the next stage… we would put that in front of the members for a vote if they wish to proceed with that deal or not."
Wrexham dropped out of the Football League in 2008, having played in League One – the third tier of English football – in the 2004-05 campaign.
They reached the National League play-offs in 2018-19 but finished a lowly 19th last term in a season curtailed by the coronavirus crisis.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?