Barcelona: Messi, Neymar, Suarez and the best of the MSN
With Luis Suárez bound for Atlético Madrid, the formidable MSN has been reduced to just M. We look back at the best of Messi-Suárez-Neymar.
Luis Suárez formed one of the world's best attacks when 'MSN' came together at Barcelona. Suárez's arrival at Camp Nou from Liverpool in 2014 saw him join Lionel Messi and Neymar at the LaLiga giants and the trio flourished.
But Neymar left for Paris Saint-Germain in a world-record €222million move just three years later, and Suárez's exit for Atletico Madrid was confirmed on Wednesday, leaving just Messi of the original trio at Camp Nou.
Using Opta data, we take a look back at the formidable 'MSN' trident.
Messi, Suárez, Neymar scored 253 in 113 games
77 – Barca won an incredible 77 per cent of matches in which 'MSN' played.
73.7 – There was a clear drop-off in results when at least one of the Barca trio was absent, with the win ratio slipping to 73.7 per cent. Points per game was the same at 2.4, however.
253 – In the 113 matches 'MSN' all played together, the trio contributed 253 goals for Barcelona.
104 – Messi's goal ratio was a little under one per game when 'MSN' were all in the Barcelona team.
68.9 – When one member of 'MSN' was absent, Barcelona's possession stood at 68.9 per cent, higher than the 66.6 per cent when they all played.
3 – Without at least one 'MSN' member, Barcelona averaged three goals a game, compared to a slightly lower 2.8 goals per game with Messi, Neymar and Suarez all playing.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby