Álvaro González denies racially insulting Neymar
The investigation into the incident in the PSG - Marseille game continues, with the Spanish player giving evidence to an investigating judge.
Álvaro González has given evidence to the investigating judge probing an incident between the player and Brazilian star Neymar, during the PSG - Marseille game earlier this month. According to sources close to the investigation consulted by this newspaper, the defender insists that at no point did he racially abuse the PSG player.
Álvaro continues to deny he racially abused Neymar
Álvaro’s statement to the judge comes a day after Ángel Di María was suspended for four games for spitting at the former Villarreal player during the bad tempered match. Álvaro is standing firm in his denial that he never used racist insults towards Neymar, despite the Brazilian star’s accusations. Neymar was sent off for striking the Spanish player.
The Disciplinary Commission of the French league will release their findings on the incident on 30 September. González could face a 10 game ban, while Neymar is facing a 20 game ban for alleged homophobic comments towards Álvaro and racist comments towards Sakai, who is he alleged to have called a “Chinese shit”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news