Godin joins Cagliari after one season with Inter
After just a single season at San Siro, Diego Godin has left Inter for Cagliari.
Diego Godin has completed his move from Inter to Cagliari.
The experienced Uruguayan centre-back spent just a single season with Antonio Conte's men before being deemed surplus to requirements.
Cagliari confirmed Godin – who won two Europa League titles and one LaLiga crown during his time with Atlético Madrid – has signed a three-year contract, meaning he will be tied to the club until he is 37.
Godin played 23 times for Inter
Godin made 23 Serie A appearances as Inter finished second to Juventus last term, while he also helped them reach the Europa League final, scoring as the Nerazzurri were beaten 3-2 by Sevilla.
Cagliari, who finished 14th in Serie A last term, already have a strong contingent of Uruguayans, with Gaston Pereiro, Nahitan Nandez and Christian Oliva at the club.
They began their 2020-21 campaign with a 1-1 draw at Sassuolo.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?