Liverpool were 'easy on the eye' against Lincoln City - Klopp
A much-changed Liverpool side thumped Lincoln City in the EFL Cup and boss Jurgen Klopp was encouraged by what he saw.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp described his side as "easy on the eye" in their 7-2 rout of Lincoln City in the EFL Cup on Thursday.
Curtis Jones and Takumi Minamino hit doubles, while Xherdan Shaqiri, Marko Grujic and Divock Origi were also on target against their League One opponents to set up a fourth-round clash against Arsenal next week.
Klopp delighted at players' performance
Klopp, who made 10 changes from the side that beat Chelsea in the Premier League at the weekend and brought Diogo Jota on for his debut in the second half, was delighted with how his fringe players performed.
"We played a really good football game tonight," he told BBC Radio 5 Live. "It was easy on the eye. We passed the ball and finished situations off. The boys wanted to play football and showed an exceptional attitude.
"That's how it should be [Liverpool's second string playing like the first team]. Wear the shirt and show who you are. I'm happy with everything.
"The two goals we conceded were not nice, but it's not a massive problem. You can have struggles in a game like this."
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?