Inter Miami: Higuaín misses penalty in unhappy debut
Ex-Real Madrid and Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín struggled on his debut for Major League Soccer franchise Inter Miami.
Striker Gonzalo Higuaín endured an unsuccessful debut for Inter Miami as his new side were beaten by Philadelphia Union in Major League Soccer on Sunday.
Higuaín misses from the spot as Inter Miami defeated
Higuaín, signed after leaving Serie A champions Juventus, missed a penalty as his side suffered a 3-0 loss at Subaru Park.
The former Real Madrid forward almost made a dream start to his career in the United States, hitting the outside of the post with a bicycle kick in the 20th minute.
With his team trailing 2-0, Higuaín had a chance to get Inter Miami back into the game in the 77th minute, but he blazed a penalty over the crossbar.
Higuaín's fourth straight penalty miss
Higuaín has failed to score with his past four penalty attempts in all competitions, as per Opta.
4 - Gonzalo Higuaín has failed to score with his last four penalty attempts in all competitions. Skied.— OptaJack (@OptaJack) September 28, 2020
Anthony Fontana, Ilsinho and Brenden Aaronson were on the scoresheet for Philadelphia as struggling Inter Miami were left in second bottom in the Eastern Conference.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim