Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests
Real Madrid say Toni Kroos has been diagnosed with a muscle issue after coming off during the first half of Los Blancos' weekend win at Real Betis.
Real Madrid's Toni Kroos suffered a muscle injury in Saturday's 3-2 LaLiga win over Real Betis, Los Blancos have confirmed.
The Germany international had to be substituted in first-half stoppage time in Seville, Luka Modric coming on to replace his fellow midfielder.
Kroos suffering from gluteal muscle strain, Real Madrid say
Following tests on Monday, Madrid announced Kroos has an issue in the gluteal region, though did not reveal how long the 30-year-old will be sidelined.
“Following tests carried out today on our player, Toni Kroos, by the Real Madrid medical services, he has been diagnosed with a muscular injury to the left gluteus medius," a statement from the club read. "His recovery will continue to be assessed."
Madrid take on Real Valladolid in LaLiga on Wednesday
Zinedine Zidane's squad are next in action on Wednesday, hosting Real Valladolid, while the reigning champions travel to Levante at the weekend.
Kroos could also be a doubt for a trio of upcoming international fixtures. Germany play Turkey in a friendly on 7 October, followed by Nations League games against Ukraine and Switzerland during the break.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?