Real Madrid team news ahead of Valladolid clash
The latest news on Kroos, Militao, Mariano and Marcelona as Real Madrid continue preparations ahead of Wednesday's clash with Valladolid.
With Real Madrid facing two games in the space of five days, Zinedine Zidane has not wanted to overwork his players in preparations for Wednesday’s home clash with Ronaldo Nazario’s Valladolid at the Estadio Alfredo De Stéfano.
Following Sunday’s controversial last-gasp win against Real Betis, Tuesday’s session focused on tactical work with the ball and a muscle recovery session, as the players worked under the warmth of the late September Madrid sun for the second consecutive day.
Kroos and Mariano out
Zidane will definitely be without Toni Kroos and Mariano. After Kroos had to be replaced in first-half stoppage time against Betis at the Villamarín on Saturday, the club issued a statement on Tuesday to confirm that the German midfielder has an issue in the gluteal region.
He is expected to be out for 10 to 15 days meaning he will miss both the Valladolid and Levante clashes this week and could be a concern for Germany during the international break next week.
Real Madrid confirm Kroos injury following testshttps://t.co/lVQERtj3zH— AS English (@English_AS) September 28, 2020
Mariano, who is still recovering at home after recent tonsil surgery, will also be unavailable for Wednesday.
Militao doubtful while Marcelo returns
Eder Militao is still recovering after the Brazilian suffered a hard blow to the adductor in the friendly against Getafe. He has not stepped on the grass since that game and during Tuesday’s session worked alone indoors – meaning he is unlikely to make the squad for Wednesday.
Meanwhile, his compatriot, Marcelo, is expected to return against Valladolid after the veteran full back had to pull out of the squad at the last minute last Saturday due to a back issue.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?