Serie A side Genoa confirm 14 positive cases of coronavirus
Fourteen players and staff at Genoa have tested positive for COVID-19, the Serie A club have said.
Serie A side Genoa have announced 14 people at the club have returned positive tests for coronavirus.
The cases, from among the playing squad and other staff, were confirmed following the 6-0 league defeat to Napoli on Sunday.
"The club has activated all the procedures as per the protocol and informed the authorities. The club will give updates as the situation evolves," Genoa said in a statement on Monday.
OFFICIAL: Genoa announce that 14 of their first-team players and staff have tested positive for COVID-19 after their Serie A match vs. Napoli on Sunday pic.twitter.com/rA1qbW0nIz— B/R Football (@brfootball) September 28, 2020
This news means Saturday's scheduled game against Torino could now be in doubt.
It also means Napoli will likely need to carry out tests of their squad before Sunday's clash with champions Juventus.
Sampdoria also confirmed on Monday that forward Keita Balde had tested positive for Covid-19 and will now follow the necessary health protocols.
The player is due to join Sampdoria from Monaco this week on loan.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?