Luis Alberto signs new five-year deal with Lazio
As reward for playing a key role in helping Lazio finish fourth in Serie A last season, attacking midfielder Luis Alberto has signed a new deal.
Luis Alberto has committed to Lazio, signing a new five-year contract with the Italians. The 28-year-old joined from Liverpool in 2016 after struggling to settle at Anfield but has since developed into one of Serie A's most effective attacking midfielders.
Only Atalanta's Alejandro Gomez with 16, claimed more assists than Luis Alberto's 15 in the league last season, while the Spain international also enjoyed an outstanding 2017-18, registering 25 goal involvements (11 scored, 14 assisted) in the top flight.
Sevilla and Everton keen on Luis Alberto
Such attacking output had led to links with other clubs, most notably Everton and his old employers Sevilla, with whom he developed as a youth player.
But, having qualified for Champions League football this season, Lazio have secured the future of the talented playmaker, tying him to the club until 2025.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light
- US News Where did Flag Day originate?
- International News What did Biden say at the G7 summit?
- US News Why is Flag Day celebrated?
- Coronavirus Can US citizens get an EU digital vaccine passport?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Spain vs Sweden: Luis Enrique has a decent team, box to box