Luis Alberto signs new five-year deal with Lazio
As reward for playing a key role in helping Lazio finish fourth in Serie A last season, attacking midfielder Luis Alberto has signed a new deal.
Luis Alberto has committed to Lazio, signing a new five-year contract with the Italians. The 28-year-old joined from Liverpool in 2016 after struggling to settle at Anfield but has since developed into one of Serie A's most effective attacking midfielders.
Only Atalanta's Alejandro Gomez with 16, claimed more assists than Luis Alberto's 15 in the league last season, while the Spain international also enjoyed an outstanding 2017-18, registering 25 goal involvements (11 scored, 14 assisted) in the top flight.
Sevilla and Everton keen on Luis Alberto
Such attacking output had led to links with other clubs, most notably Everton and his old employers Sevilla, with whom he developed as a youth player.
But, having qualified for Champions League football this season, Lazio have secured the future of the talented playmaker, tying him to the club until 2025.
Te recomendamos en English
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Barcelona go for five in a row, Ronaldo after another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho optimistic over Kane return for Arsenal
- ARSENAL Arteta confident goals will come for Arsenal
- US NEWS US Elections: Georgia elections official tells Trump to stop inspiring violence
- US congress What has Congress said about the government shutdown deadline?