Luis Alberto signs new five-year deal with Lazio
As reward for playing a key role in helping Lazio finish fourth in Serie A last season, attacking midfielder Luis Alberto has signed a new deal.
Luis Alberto has committed to Lazio, signing a new five-year contract with the Italians. The 28-year-old joined from Liverpool in 2016 after struggling to settle at Anfield but has since developed into one of Serie A's most effective attacking midfielders.
Only Atalanta's Alejandro Gomez with 16, claimed more assists than Luis Alberto's 15 in the league last season, while the Spain international also enjoyed an outstanding 2017-18, registering 25 goal involvements (11 scored, 14 assisted) in the top flight.
Sevilla and Everton keen on Luis Alberto
Such attacking output had led to links with other clubs, most notably Everton and his old employers Sevilla, with whom he developed as a youth player.
But, having qualified for Champions League football this season, Lazio have secured the future of the talented playmaker, tying him to the club until 2025.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?