Hazard and Asensio return to Real Madrid squad for Valladolid visit
Zidane has included both players in his 23-man squad lost for tomorrow's game against Valladolid at the Di Stéfano. Jovic and Mayoral also feature.
Zidane has announced his squad for Wednesday's meeting with Valladolid at the Alfredo Di Stéfano stadium in Valdebebas. The standout was the inclusions of Eden Hazard and Marco Asensio - neither have featured in the two previous lists for the games against Real Sociedad and Betis.
Hazard arrived back in Madrid from international duty with Belgium still suffering pains to his right ankle. He has been following a specific training programme in Valdebebas designed to strengthen the affected area, as well as exercises to get him back in shape as he was a few kilos above his ideal weight.
Asensio meanwhile, returned injured after starring for Spain in their Nations League games. After several recovery sessions inside the club's training complex at Real Madrid City, both players have now two weeks' worth of normal training with the rest of the squad under their belts. Zidane didn't think either was ready to be included in the list for Saturday's meeting with Betis - the first home game of the new season. Both are likely to start on the bench.
Not in the list are Militao, Toni Kroos and Mariano, all out due to injury. Luka Jovic and Borja Mayoral have been included even though one or both could soon be leaving. Madrid are looking to loan Jovic so that he can build up playing time, which would mean Mayoral staying on as Benzema's substitute. However if Jovic ends up staying, Mayoral will be the one to leave, either on loan or in a direct transfer - Roma are keen on both players.
The Real Madrid squad
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Lunin, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Odriozola, Mendy.
Midfielders: Modrić, Casemiro, Valverde, Odegaard, Isco.
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Asensio, Mayoral, Lucas Vasquez, Jovic, Vinicius, Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live