Messi: "Anything I did was always with club's best interests in mind"
Camp Nou captain Lionel Messi has called for unity, telling Sport: “I take responsibility for my errors and if they existed, it was only to make FC Barcelona better and stronger."
In an interview with Sport in which he sought to strike a conciliatory tone, Lionel Messi has issued a call for unity as Barcelona look to bounce back from a trophy-less 2019/20 campaign under new head coach Ronald Koeman.
"It was only to make FC Barcelona better and stronger"
In the wake of a summer in which Messi unsuccessfully attempted to leave Barça and was publicly critical of Camp Nou president Josep Maria Bartomeu and his board, the captain assured the Blaugrana supporters: “Anything I did was always with the club's best interests in mind.”
EXCLUSIVE Leo Messi interview: Everything I did was for the good of Barcelona https://t.co/FdIv4b9qVE— SPORT English (@Sport_EN) September 29, 2020
“After so many disagreements, I would like to bring an end to everything,” Messi told Sport, in excerpts of an interview which is to be published in the Catalonia-based newspaper on Wednesday. “We all have to be united and assume that the best is yet to come.
“I take responsibility for my errors and if they existed, it was only to make FC Barcelona better and stronger."
The 33-year-old added: “Uniting passion with excitement and motivation will be the only way to achieve our objectives, always united and rowing in the same direction.
Messi message to Barcelona supporters
"I wanted to send a message to all the socios and fans that follow us. If at any moment, any of them were annoyed by something that I said or did, let there be no doubts that anything I did was always with the club's best interests in mind."
Argentine on target as Koeman era begins with win
In what was Koeman's first competitive match in charge, Messi scored one from the penalty spot on Sunday as Barça began their 2020/21 season with a 4-0 LaLiga victory over Villarreal.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?