USA election 2020 presidential debate Trump vs Biden: time, TV and how to watch live online
President Trump faces presidential nominee Joe Biden in the first live televised debate on Tuesday night at 9 p.m. ET. The election will be held on 3 November.
The first of three presidential debates between Republican President Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden will be held on Tuesday night, 29 September, with the debate starting at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT. The debate will last for 90 minutes with no breaks.
Where can I watch the first presidential debate on TV or online?
All the major US networks and cable news channels are showing all the presidential debates: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and C-Span.
If you don’t have cable TV one option is a paid-for live-TV streaming, with the following options carrying many or all of the major networks and cable news channels.
You’ll need a decent internet connection to use them.
Live coverage on AS English
Where is the Trump vs Biden debate happening?
The first presidential debate was scheduled for the University of Notre Dame, but they withdrew citing issues with the coronavirus pandemic. The debate will now be held at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
Who is moderating Trump vs Biden?
The debate will be chaired by veteran journalist Chris Wallace, who is the anchor of Fox News Sunday. He was in charge for the third debate in 2016 between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and was widely praised for his handling of the proceedings.
What topics will Trump and Biden debate?
The list of topics selected by Chris Wallace is as follows:
- Trump's and Biden's records
- The Supreme Court
- The economy
- Race and violence in U.S. cities
- The integrity of the election
Amounts of tax paid and publicly releasing tax returns isn’t specifically mentioned, but one would expect Biden to spend some time focusing on that topic. Each segment will get around 15 minutes of the total 90 minutes of the debate. Each candidate will have two minutes to respond to the opening question, and will also have a chance to respond to each other.
7 October: Vice presidential debate between Vice President Pence and California Sen. Kamala Harris, at University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah
15 October: Second presidential debate, at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami, Florida
22 October: Third presidential debate, at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live