Covid-19 surges continue in India as caseload surpassed 6.1 million
The country witnessed another single-day spike of 70,589 new Covid-19 cases on Tuesday as announced by the Indian ministry of health.
The Indian health ministry announced earlier on Tuesday that 70,589 fresh Covid-19 cases were reported from across the country to take the country's case count up to 6145292 million since the pandemic start, out of which 947576 are still active cases that are undergoing treatment.
51,01,398 people have been discharged from hospitals and isolation centers, while Covid-19 related deaths in India have reached 96318 out of the global death tally that crossed the one million mark on Tuesday with the US, India, and Brazil comprising 45% of the reported deaths globally.
According to official figures released by governments, around 5400 people succumb to Covid-19 infection every 24 hours, which means that one person dies of the virus every 16 seconds.
Mumbai reports more than 2000 daily infections:
India’s Recovery Rate leaps past 83%.— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) September 29, 2020
84,877 recoveries have been registered in the last 24 hours in the country while the number of new confirmed cases stands at 70,589.
73% of the new recovered cases are being reported from ten States.https://t.co/yKriUxdtRZ pic.twitter.com/Vo9Uoo9Vc6
Maharashtra, the worst-hit Indian state during the pandemic has witnessed a recent drop in new cases reported while Mumbai is continuing to report more than 2000 daily infections according to the data released Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Mumbai on Monday when the state registered 2055 new cases. As of Monday Mumbai contained 26660 active cases while the state's recovery rate was 82%.
These developments come at a time when the central government is expected to release the new (Unlock 5) guidelines as more lockdown restrictions are set to be lifted in October.
Te recomendamos en English
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?
- UNITED STATES Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update