Official: Sergiño Dest signs for Barcelona on five-year deal
Sergiño Dest has signed a five-year deal at Barcelona. Barça will pay €21 million plus €5 million in variables for the right-back. The American international has a €400 million release clause and will be officially presented on Friday.
Sergiño Dest has joined Barcelona from Ajax until June 2025. Barça have officially announced the transfer of the American right-back, who also has a Dutch passport. The agreement between Barça and Ajax was closed last Wednesday, however the operation was delayed, which kept Barça fans waiting a few days longer. Last Saturday, Dest said goodbye to his teammates after their match against Vitesse. Initially, the 19-year-old had planned to travel to Barcelona on Sunday, but everything was delayed. He eventually arrived on Tuesday night.
Barcelona will pay €21 million plus and €5 million more in variables. His release clause will be €400 million and he will be officially presented this Friday at 13:45 CEST.
On Wednesday morning, Dest passed his medical at the La Liga club. Head coach Ronald Koeman had welcomed him at noon at his pre-match press conference ahead of the club's match against Celta Vigo on Thursday. "We are going to have a young full-back. It is a matter of changing things and having young people here for the future of this club. He is a good signing despite his age, and has played in the Champions League, and I am sure that he will be a very useful player for Barça".
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?