Real Madrid: Butragueño's reaction to Champions League draw "One slip could be fatal"
Real Madrid's Director of Institutional Relations gave his reaction to today's group stage draw in Geneva: "We'll need to be fully alert".
Real MadridEmilio Butragueño about the three rivals that the club has been drawn against in the group stage of this year's Champions League. Madrid landed in Group B with Shakhtar Donetsk, Inter Milan and Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Feelings about the draw: "We know what to expect from this competition, the most demanding and most prestigious club competition there is. The demands are going to be extremely high. There are a lot of historic clubs of the highest level involved. We will need to give the best of ourselves".
Madrid's group stage rivals: "Three teams with very different styles. Shakhtar play a very joyful, attacking game. Inter is Inter, with their history and we know what they are capable of doing. Mönchengladbach are a very dangerous side. They are a classic German side and have a great dynamic. We'll need to be very alert when playing all of our rivals. One small slip could end up being fatal. It's an attractive group for the fans".
Pressure from the first game: "The fixtures calendar is very, very demanding for everything that has happened in the last few months. Games are packed together. To have a squad with the calibre of Zidane's will give him the a possibility of confronting every week with guarantees. It will be important to be able to count on a large group of players, who will be able to help the team at any moment".
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PSG vs Bayern Munich: times, TV & how to watch online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Would the fourth stimulus check be taxed by the IRS?
- NFL Former Chiefs assistant Reid charged with felony DWI
- COVID-19 VACCINATION What to do if you get covid-19 between vaccine doses?
- MLS When is the MLS transfer deadline?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN What to know about $3,600 Child Tax credit: dates, eligibility, amount