Real Madrid: Carvajal facing two months out with knee injury
Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal has suffered knee-ligament damage in training, Los Blancos have announced.
Real Madrid have been dealt another injury blow after it was confirmed that right-back Dani Carvajal suffered a knee injury in training on Friday, as Zinedine Zidane’s men prepared for their weekend LaLiga clash with Levante.
Carvajal damages knee ligaments in training
“Following tests carried out on Dani Carvajal by the Real Madrid Medical Services, he has been diagnosed with an injury to his medial collateral ligament in his right knee,” the club said in a statement, adding: “His recovery will continue to be assessed.”
According to Madrid sources, Carvajal could be sidelined for up to two months - a lay-off that would see him miss the next seven LaLiga matches - including the first Clásico of the season, on 25 October - and almost all of the Champions League group stage, which finishes on 8/9 December.
Carvajal the latest to join Real Madrid sickbay
Carvajal joins a growing injury list at Real Madrid. Eden Hazard and Toni Kroos were both ruled out with muscle strains this week, while Éder Militão (hamstring) and Mariano Díaz (tonsilitis) are also unavailable.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Koeman: "Van Dijk was too lazy and too arrogant but now he's one of the best"
- Real Madrid Real Madrid in Champions League: group, games, schedule, dates and opponents, prediction
- World Cup 2022 Cazorla: "Qatar is an amazing host nation for the World Cup"
- BARCELONA-FERENCVAROS Barcelona's Neto: "Taking a wage cut? Everyone has their point of view"
- MLB Los Angeles Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: times, TV and how to watch the MLB World Series 2020
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile