Real Madrid: Carvajal facing two months out with knee injury
Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal has suffered knee-ligament damage in training, Los Blancos have announced.
Real Madrid have been dealt another injury blow after it was confirmed that right-back Dani Carvajal suffered a knee injury in training on Friday, as Zinedine Zidane’s men prepared for their weekend LaLiga clash with Levante.
Carvajal damages knee ligaments in training
“Following tests carried out on Dani Carvajal by the Real Madrid Medical Services, he has been diagnosed with an injury to his medial collateral ligament in his right knee,” the club said in a statement, adding: “His recovery will continue to be assessed.”
According to Madrid sources, Carvajal could be sidelined for up to two months - a lay-off that would see him miss the next seven LaLiga matches - including the first Clásico of the season, on 25 October - and almost all of the Champions League group stage, which finishes on 8/9 December.
Carvajal the latest to join Real Madrid sickbay
Carvajal joins a growing injury list at Real Madrid. Eden Hazard and Toni Kroos were both ruled out with muscle strains this week, while Éder Militão (hamstring) and Mariano Díaz (tonsilitis) are also unavailable.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?