Real Madrid: Carvajal facing two months out with knee injury
Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal has suffered knee-ligament damage in training, Los Blancos have announced.
Real Madrid have been dealt another injury blow after it was confirmed that right-back Dani Carvajal suffered a knee injury in training on Friday, as Zinedine Zidane’s men prepared for their weekend LaLiga clash with Levante.
Carvajal damages knee ligaments in training
“Following tests carried out on Dani Carvajal by the Real Madrid Medical Services, he has been diagnosed with an injury to his medial collateral ligament in his right knee,” the club said in a statement, adding: “His recovery will continue to be assessed.”
According to Madrid sources, Carvajal could be sidelined for up to two months - a lay-off that would see him miss the next seven LaLiga matches - including the first Clásico of the season, on 25 October - and almost all of the Champions League group stage, which finishes on 8/9 December.
Carvajal the latest to join Real Madrid sickbay
Carvajal joins a growing injury list at Real Madrid. Eden Hazard and Toni Kroos were both ruled out with muscle strains this week, while Éder Militão (hamstring) and Mariano Díaz (tonsilitis) are also unavailable.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?