Torreira travels to Madrid to sign for Atlético
AS understand that the midfielder will travel to Madrid this Friday or early on Saturday. He will undergo his medical before heading on international duty with Uruguay.
Lucas Torreira will leave Arsenal to become an Atlético de Madrid. AS understand, the Uruguayan midfielder will travel to Madrid this Friday or early on Saturday to undergo a medical and sign for Los Rojiblancos. The idea is to leave finalise the deal before heading on international duty with Uruguay.
The details of the operation are still to be revealed, but Atlético's idea was to include a purchase option for the 24-year-old midfielder. Arsenal, meanwhile, expect to receive just over €20 million for the combative player, if not right now, next summer.
On the other hand, the signing arrival is conditioned by the departure of a player from the squad, as the LaLiga side look to get rid of midfielders Herrera and Lemar. Zenit have enquired about the Mexican. Atleti have until October 5 to sell, in order to generate much-needed funds.
Request from Cholo
The Arsenal midfielder will arrive on loan to reinforce the midfield. It is a request from Cholo Simeone, who considers that he needed another man to strengthen the midfield department. This arrival of Torreira could be the last of this transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick