Tottenham confirm Carlos Vinicius loan deal
Carlos Vinicius will spend the 2020-21 season on loan with Jose Mourinho's Tottenham and could make a permanent move from Benfica.
Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Benfica forward Carlos Vinicius on a one-year loan deal. The Portuguese giants revealed earlier on Friday an agreement had been reached for the 25-year-old to join Spurs. The Londoners have since confirmed that the operation has been completed.
Joint-top scorer in Portugal last season
Tottenham have paid 3 million euros to take the Brazilian on loan for the 2020-21 campaign and have an option to make the move permanent for 45 million euros, with the initial payment included in that sum. Jose Mourinho's latest recruit was the joint-leading scorer in the Primeira Liga last season, with 18 goals from 32 matches, and he found the back of the net 22 times in 46 games in all competitions. He will provide back-up for prolific captain Harry Kane as Spurs go in search of domestic and Europa League glory.
"I wanted to say to everyone that together we'll taste success," Carlos Vinicius said in a short video posted on Tottenham's Twitter account. "I'm here to join this family to share your joy and bring home silverware."
One year in Lisbon
Carlos Vinicius only joined Benfica from Serie A side Napoli last year and helped the club finish as runners-up to rivals Porto in the 2019-20 Primeira Liga season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move