Napoli don't turn up for Juventus clash over Covid-19 concerns
Napoli did not travel to Turin for their clash with Juventus due to coronavirus concerns.
Juventus seem likely to be awarded a 3-0 victory over Napoli after the game was not started as scheduled as Gennaro Gattuso's side did not travel to Turin for Sunday's Serie A match.
Covid-19 concerns hold back Napoli
Napoli were advised not to travel by local health authorities after Piotr Zielinski, Eljif Elmas and staff member Giandomenico Costi tested positive for Covid-19.
Juve themselves reported two positive cases among staff on Saturday – revealing their squad were isolating internally as a result – but they later released a statement confirming they intended to play the game.
However, four hours before the scheduled kick-off time on Sunday, Serie A rejected Napoli's formal request to have the game postponed, as the club – who also confirmed Gattuso had not tested positive for coronavirus, despite rumours to the contrary – technically have at least 13 players available.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?