Sancho apologises for partying that broke Covid-19 protocols
England forward Jadon Sancho says he takes "full responsibility" for his actions after being pictured at a party over the weekend.
Jadon Sancho has issued an apology after breaking coronavirus protocols when pictured at a party alongside fellow England players Tammy Abraham and Ben Chilwell.
Sancho apology after getting caught
The trio are being investigated by the Football Association (FA) after they attended a surprise birthday party reportedly thrown for Abraham at the striker's London flat on Saturday.
Coronavirus regulations in the United Kingdom currently prohibit meetings of more than six people in social situations, but British tabloid The Sun claims approximately 20 people were at the party.
Posting on Instagram, Sancho said: "I would like to apologise for breaking the government guidelines and although I was unaware upon arriving of the numbers attending, I take full responsibility for my actions.
"I will make sure moving forward that I learn from this."
As a precaution, England confirmed the three players have been instructed to delay arriving for international duty while the FA investigates.
The Three Lions face Wales in a friendly on Thursday before taking on Belgium and Denmark in the Nations League.
Sancho, who has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United, has featured three times for Borussia Dortmund so far this season, scoring one goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions, today
- AS / WFS Player of the Year Lewandowski: “It’s an honour to be the first winner of the AS / WFS Player of the Year”
- MARADONA 1960-2020 When Maradona met Gazza
- WFS LIVE "It's great that we can young girl's icons instead of Messi & Ronaldo"
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: could it arrive before 2021?