India surpases 6.6 million coronavirus cases as death toll continues to rise
India has added 74,442 new cases to its total tally over the past 24 hours, along with more than 900 fatalities as the death toll surpasses 102,000.
India has witnessed a fresh spike in daily Covid-19 cases in the previous 24 hours, as 74,442 fresh cases have been confirmed across the country, taking the total tally to 6,623,816.
India has also reported 903 new coronavirus-related fatalities, with the overall death toll reaching 102,685. Only the US and Brazil have more fatalities than India. According to the figures released by authorities, the South Asian country currently has 934,427 active cases after 558,670 had been treated and discharged.
India's recovery rate is over 84%
India's active cases have remained below 1 million for 14 days in a row which can be put down to the country's high recovery rate. Despite being the second worst-hit country during the pandemic after the US, India has maintained one of the highest recovery rates globally, which currently stands at 84.3%.
#IndiaFightsCorona— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) October 5, 2020
India’s total recoveries stand at 55,86,703 today.
The higher number of single-day recoveries has resulted in a sustained increase in the national recovery rate, currently pegged at 84.34%.
75% of new recovered cases are recorded in 10 States and UTs. pic.twitter.com/GK2IklPtaf
Maharashtra remains the worst hit state
Maharashtra remains India's most-impacted state by the pandemic. 12,548 new cases were reported in the state, bringing the total number of infections to 14.43 lakh, as many restaurants, bars and hotels are set to re-open this month as part of the fifth phase of relaxing restrictions, known as "Unlock 5".
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?