After 18 months of inactivity, Fabio Coentrão set for top flight return
Despite having not played for a year and a half, the former Real Madrid left back has been unveiled by Liga NOS side Río Ave.
Fabio Coentrão is poised to make a comeback! The former Real Madrid left back has been out of the game for approximately 18 months and today was unveiled as a new signing by Vila Do Conde based Rio Ave.
May 2019 was Coentrao's last top flight action when he played for Rio Ave in matchday 33 of the Portuguese top flight in the clash against his former side Benfica. During the season he wore the Rio Ave green and white shirt for 1,970 minutes providing five assists, receiving nine yellow cards with two dismissals.
🎵 "𝙄'𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚— Rio Ave FC (@RioAve_FC) October 6, 2020
𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚
𝙇𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙝 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮" 🙏
Bem-vindo a casa, @Fabio_Coentrao !
Belisca-te e acredita aqui 😉👉 https://t.co/EYqgqcm2SN#RAFC pic.twitter.com/Ap60wGvoPo
The 32-year-old posted a teaser back in August alluding a return to action stating in a social media post: "The best thing life has given me... The second coming is imminent" along with emojis of a number of footballs.
Capped on 52 occasions by Portugal, Coentrão started off his career with Rio Ave and has enjoyed spells with other big European sides such as Benfica, AS Monaco and Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?