After 18 months of inactivity, Fabio Coentrão set for top flight return
Despite having not played for a year and a half, the former Real Madrid left back has been unveiled by Liga NOS side Río Ave.
Fabio Coentrão is poised to make a comeback! The former Real Madrid left back has been out of the game for approximately 18 months and today was unveiled as a new signing by Vila Do Conde based Rio Ave.
May 2019 was Coentrao's last top flight action when he played for Rio Ave in matchday 33 of the Portuguese top flight in the clash against his former side Benfica. During the season he wore the Rio Ave green and white shirt for 1,970 minutes providing five assists, receiving nine yellow cards with two dismissals.
🎵 "𝙄'𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚— Rio Ave FC (@RioAve_FC) October 6, 2020
𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚
𝙇𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙝 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮" 🙏
Bem-vindo a casa, @Fabio_Coentrao !
Belisca-te e acredita aqui 😉👉 https://t.co/EYqgqcm2SN#RAFC pic.twitter.com/Ap60wGvoPo
The 32-year-old posted a teaser back in August alluding a return to action stating in a social media post: "The best thing life has given me... The second coming is imminent" along with emojis of a number of footballs.
Capped on 52 occasions by Portugal, Coentrão started off his career with Rio Ave and has enjoyed spells with other big European sides such as Benfica, AS Monaco and Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?