Götze: PSV sign German World Cup winner
Mario Götze, Germany's 2014 World Cup hero, has joined Eredivisie club PSV after being released by Borussia Dortmund.
Dutch giants PSV have signed Mario Götze following the attacking midfielder's release by Borussia Dortmund.
Götze joins PSV on two-year contract
The former Bayern Munich player, capped 63 times by Germany, has signed a two-year contract with the Eindhoven club.
Götze, who was Germany's 2014 World Cup final match-winner, is now 28 and has struggled for consistent form and fitness in recent years.
That has been partly due to a debilitating metabolic condition; however, Götze made 21 appearances for Dortmund in the 2019-20 season and said he had "a lot of offers" before agreeing to move to the Netherlands.
Götze said of his switch: "I kept on training and got myself fit for the new adventure. I am looking forward to joining my new team-mates for full training and preparing myself for the upcoming fixtures."
Götze arrival a "godsend", says PSV director of football
PSV are confident they have signed a player capable of making a big contribution.
PSV director of football John de Jong described his arrival as a "godsend", adding on the club's official website: "We are delighted he has signed a contract with PSV. We are very proud."
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live