Positive cases force Ukraine to include retired keeper for France game
Ukraine have included 45-year-old retired goalkeeper Oleksandr Shovkovskiy in the squad for Wednesday's friendly against France after three other keepers tested positive for COVID-19, the country's football federation (UAF) said
Ukraine have included 45-year-old retired goalkeeper Oleksandr Shovkovskiy in the squad for Wednesday's friendly against France after three other keepers tested positive for Covid-19, the country's football federation (UAF) said.
Shovkovskiy, who retired in 2016 and has made around 90 appearances for Ukraine, is currently assistant to head coach Andriy Shevchenko.
🇺🇦 Ukraine coach Oleksandr Shovkovskiy has been named in his country's squad to face France after two of their keepers tested positive for COVID-19.— The Coaches' Voice (@CoachesVoice) October 7, 2020
Shovkovskiy is 45 and retired in 2016. pic.twitter.com/dmQIYqRLZj
The UAF said in a statement that he is in "good physical shape" and will provide emergency backup to Georgiy Bushchan, currently their only fit goalkeeper.
Shakhtar Donetsk goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov, along with midfielder Taras Stepanenko, both missed the trip to Paris after testing positive for Covid-19.
On Tuesday, the UAF said that goalkeepers Andriy Lunin and Yuriy Pankiv had also tested positive.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early