Arsenal without Kieran Tierney for Manchester City clash
Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney must self-isolate for two weeks, meaning he will not be available for the meeting with Manchester City on 17 October.
Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney is set to miss the upcoming Premier League meeting with Manchester City after being told he must self-isolate due to a coronavirus case in the Scotland squad.
Armstrong tests positive
Southampton midfielder Stuart Armstrong returned a positive result for a PCR test conducted on Tuesday, the Scottish Football Association confirmed in a statement. Armstrong must quarantine for 10 days, meaning he will miss Scotland's Euro 2020 play-off semi-final against Israel and the Nations League matches with Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
Tierney, Ryan Christie and two of Scotland's support staff have been identified as close contacts of Armstrong, meaning they must now self-isolate for 14 days. They will also sit out the coming international matches, while Tierney will miss the meeting between Arsenal and City on 17 October.
Christie out for Old Firm clash
Celtic midfielder Christie will be forced to sit out the Old Firm clash with Rangers on the same day.
Scotland coach Steve Clarke said: "While this is obviously disappointing news the most important thing is the health and safety of the individuals involved and the wider group. As soon as we were informed of the positive test, the Chief Medical Consultant immediately contacted the Scottish Government's clinical adviser, who in turn alerted the local Health Protection Team. We have informed the respective clubs from whom we have borrowed the players and backroom staff and we now have to prepare for a huge match ahead tomorrow."
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?