Atalanta get green light for Champions League home games
After three seasons playing European fixtures away from their home ground, Atalanta can stage Champions League games in Bergamo this term.
Atalanta have received approval from UEFA to stage Champions League matches at their home stadium in Bergamo this coming season.
Liverpool, Ajax will play at Stadio di Bergamo
The Serie A side have had to play their home European games away from Stadio di Bergamo for the past three seasons due to insufficiencies with the ground.
However, after spending two years at Sassuolo's Mapei Stadium and last season at San Siro - in the Europa League and Champions League respectively - Atalanta are now able to play continental fixtures in their home city.
The ground, recently renamed the Gewiss Stadium for sponsorship reasons, has undergone radical renovation and UEFA confirmed on Wednesday it is now fit for purpose.
Last season's quarter-finalists will take on Ajax in their first Champions League match at the ground on October 27.
Liverpool and Midtjylland will also travel to Bergamo in Group D.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals