Tunisian league kick-off officially postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic
The Tunisian Football Federation scheduled the league's new season to start on 6 November instead of 24 October to curb the further spread of Covid-19.
The Tunisian Football Federation announced that the Tunisian league's new season has been postponed until 6 November from an original start date of 24 October in compliance with the government's resolutions to curb the further spread of Covid-19 cases in the country.
The Federation released a statement to announce the news and set the new proposed start dates for various competitions. The statement confirmed that the Federation decided to postpone the start of all football competitions in accordance with the government's decisions and efforts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus. Most Tunisian clubs have put their training sessions on hold due to reported cases among players and staff.
New start dates for various competitions
🚨 رسمي : تأجيل انطلاق بطولة الرابطة المحترفة الأولى إلى أيام 6 و 7 و 8 نوفمبر 2020 pic.twitter.com/9p6WDkasyO— Espérance de Tunis - الترجي التونسي (@EsperanceSTunis) October 8, 2020
The Federation's statement said the second division will start as of 23 November while youth competitions start on 15 November. The two levels of amateur competition are scheduled to commence on 30 November while the women's league is set to kick-off on 6 December.
Under the new guidelines, all national team camps and friendly games in October will be subject to prior approval from governmental authorities.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"