Zidane and Calafat proved right as Camavinga explodes
The teenager's dazzling performances this season for Rennes and the French national team have seen both Juni Calafat and Zidane proved right after requesting his signature.
Eduardo Camavinga is in unstoppable form this season with the teenager delivering impressive performance for Rennes in Ligue 1 coupled with his France start earlier this week where he became one of the youngest players ever to play for 'Les Bleus'.
Camavinga made his France debut on 8 September replacing Kante in the second half as 'Les Bleus' faced Croatia in the UEFA Nations League, becoming the youngest player to wear the dark blue shirt since Maurice Gastiger in 1914 with his goal against Ukraine this week seeing Camavinga become the youngest goalscorer for France since Gastinger (1914).
After the match, France boss Deschamps was wary of demanding too much from Camavinga but admitted the teenager is making it hard not to pick him. "I don't really want to put him out of the squad or the team considering how he plays. Let's see, he is still young. I think he is good enough and that's why he plays. He needs to show his skills on the pitch, even if we should not ask too much either.," said Deschamps.
The 17-year-old was singled out earlier this year by Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane and the club's head of scouting Juni Calafat with contact established between the player's representatives and Spanish club. Ultimately with his Rennes side securing a place in the Champions League, the midfielder decided to stay with the Ligue 1 side for another season but now Madrid face a battle for his signing from the likes of PSG, Bayern Munich and Juventus who are also interested in the player's services.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates