Supreme Committee: Al Bayt Stadium in final stages of construction
The brand new 60,000 seater Al Bayt stadium, which will host the opening match of Qatar 2022 on November 21, 2022, is near completion and resembles a traditional Arab tent.
The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) is leading Qatar's preparations for football's most important tournament, the FIFA World Cup. The committee is responsible for managing Qatar 2022, and it has announced on its Twitter account the plan to complete the Al-Bayt World Cup stadium, the brand new 60,000 seater stadium that will host the opening match of Qatar 2022, which will be played on November 21, 2022.
In the video posted with the phrase “a few simple touches are left for us to complete the Al-Bayt stadium”, which included images of the World Cup stadium, where the Qatari culture and history is displayed more than any other World Cup stadium destined to host Qatar 2022.
Designed to resemble a traditional Arab tent, the venue is equipped with hotel rooms with views of the stadium that offers fans an extraordinary experience. The world-class arena will be inaugurated in the coming months and has been confirmed as the venue for the opening game of the tournament.
The Supreme Committee confirmed that the installation of the 60,000 seats as well as the pitch's surface have already been completed, and the date of the inspection visits by the relevant state agencies was organised.
The stadium has been delivered by the Aspire Zone foundation, which is also responsible for the Al-Khalifa International World Cup stadium, inaugurated in 2017. The full construction of the venue has been managed by Aspire, which also opened the Al-Janoub and Education City 2022 World Cup venues. The Lusail venue will be the last to be inaugurated, hosting the final match of Qatar 2022.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?