"Barça, Madrid, City... all wanted Lautaro but had to meet the price"
The Inter Milan striker's agent acknowledged various sources of interest in his player but admits that no formal offer was ever made for his services.
The name of Inter forward Lautaro Martínez was heavily linked with a series of major European clubs during the recent transfer window with it would appear FC Barcelona at the front of the queue.
Despite positive disposition from the player to make the move to the Catalan capital, the deal fell down with Barça unable and unwilling to put forward the 111 million euro release clause. Other clubs such as Real Madrid, Manchester City and even PSG were also linked with the Argentine striker at some point.
Speaking to TNT Sports in Argentina, the player's agent Alberto Yaqué recognised plenty of interest in Martinez but also that no club were prepared to shell out for the striker. "Barcelona, Madrid or Manchester City? They all wanted him but nothing materialised", he affirmed. "He has another two years on his deal with Inter and with the market just closing, we've yet to sit down and talk with Inter" admitted Yaqué.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx