Eden Hazard's market value plummets
In a 24 month period, the Belgian's market value has dropped by 90 million euro with a series of injures hampering the player's progression.
Eden Hazard signed for Real Madrid in the summer of 2019 with the Spanish club paying 100 million euro plus a further 40 in variables for his services. Despite the coronavirus impacting the transfer market in general, injuries which have hampered the Belgian player since arriving in LaLiga have been instrumental in seeing a considerable drop in his market value. Before the Bernabéu move (late 2018), the player was valued at 150M€ by online experts Transfermarkt. Today the wingers market value according to the online portal is 60M€, a slide of 90 million euro in just over a 24 month period.
Hazard is starting to raise eyebrows at Real Madrid with various club executives tired of his insistence to constantly join up with the Belgian squad instead of working at Valdebebas. Fans are also tiring of seeing pictures on social media of the player posting work-out sessions with the early optimism surrounding the player in 2019 ebbing away dramatically with pictures of the player looking overweight in both pre-seasons doing little to endear himself to a frustrated fanbase.
At present Hazard is undergoing recovery from a muscular injury with his ankle problem first sustained with Chelsea coming back to haunt him as just last season the Belgian having to travel to Dallas (Texas) for surgery. Alarm bells at the club are sounding with the experience not dissimilar to that of Gareth Bale with the Welsh player eventually being tagged as a 'glass player' by many detractors.
Bale is now on loan with Tottenham and many at Real Madrid are hoping that Hazard can overcome his injury issues with each game featuring the Belgian costing the club 2.2 million euro to date as Vinicius continues to establish the attacking left winger position as his own with a series of accomplished performances this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby