Inter Miami unite the Higuaín brothers
Federico Higuaín has joined brother Gonzalo at Inter Miami after cutting short his stay at DC United.
Gonzalo Higuaín will have a familiar figure alongside him at Inter Miami after the MLS franchise signed the Argentine superstar's older brother Federico.
MLS brotherhood in Miami
They will be the 18th pair of siblings to play together in the league, Inter Miami said, after securing a deal to bring in Federico Higuaín from DC United.
The 35-year-old only joined DC United in March, taking on a player-coach role after ending an eight-year association with Columbus Crew.
Inter Miami brought in 32-year-old former Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuaín from Juventus in September, and they hope the brothers can bring success to the newly established team, who are contesting their debut season.
Inter Miami are owned by a group that includes former Manchester United and Real Madrid star David Beckham.
Sporting director Paul McDonough said: "Federico has been a great player in this league.
"We were thrilled to add more attacking depth, experience and playmaking ability to our roster when this opportunity presented itself."
An attacking midfielder, Federico Higuaín has scored 61 goals and had 68 assists in 217 MLS games.
Inter Miami will send $50,000 in 2021 general allocation money to DC United as compensation for the deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?