Cristiano Ronaldo tests positive for coronavirus
Cristiano Ronaldo has become the latest footballing star to test positive for covid-19 and is now in self-isolation until 23 October.
After news reports broke in Portugal, the Portuguese football federation issued a statement to say that the Juventus star is “doing well, without symptoms and in isolation.”
“After the positive case, the remaining players underwent new tests this Tuesday morning. All came back with negative results, and they are at the disposal of Fernando Santos to train this afternoon,” it said.
News of Ronaldo's positive coronavirus result comes less than 24 hours after the ex-Real Madrid forward posted a picture of him and his Portugal team mates enjoying a training camp dinner, together with the message: "United on and off the pitch".
Ronaldo wil self-isolate until 23 October
Ronaldo had already featured in two games for Portugal during the international break, against Spain last Wednesday and against France on Sunday, both of which ended in 0-0 draws.
The 35-year-old will now self-isolate until 23 October, meaning he should be available for Juve's crunch Champions League tie with Barcelona on 28 October.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early