Al-Ahly and Zamalek gear up for Champions League semi-finals in Morocco
Egyptian giants Al-Ahly and Zamalek flew to Morocco where they will face Raja Casablanca and Wydad in the CAF Champions League semi-finals first leg.
Egypt's Al-Ahly and Zamalek have headed to Morocco on two private planes ahead of their long-awaited clashes with the two major Moroccan clubs in the first leg of CAF Champions League semi-finals. Al-Ahly will face Wydad on Saturday while Zamalek take on Raja Casablanca on Sunday, with the return leg games scheduled for 23 and 24 October respectively.
Both teams are suffering injury problems as well as fatigue from playing every three days in the Egyptian national league.
Heading the Al-Ahly expedition is club president and legendary player Mahmoud Al-Khatib while travelling with Zamalek is directors' board member and former team player Ismail Youssef.
Tunisian Ali Ma'loul and Angolan Giraldo of Al-Ahly who have been on international duty will catch-up with the squad in Morocco, while the team's list of injuries comprises many important players including the goalkeeper Mohammed Al-Shennawy, defender Ayman Ashraf and striker Mahmoud Kahraba who picked up a hamstring injury in team's last game against Pyramids in the Egyptian league.
The Zamalek camp was rocked with the news that star midfielder Ferjani Sassi tested positive for Covid-19 during the Tunisian national team's camp. The player revealed that he is in a good health and is self-isolating.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 England vs Scotland: Euro 2020 live online today
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: could it be approved before July?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?