Cristiano, self-isolating, watches Portugal train from his balcony
Portugal finished their preparations for Wednesday's Nations League game against Sweden. Cristiano, who tested positive for Covid-19, won't be taking part.
Cristiano Ronaldo tested positive for Covid-19 this week but even that didn't stop him from watching his team mates in the Portugal squad at work in training at the Cidade do Futebol, just outside Lisbon.
The Juventus star, who is asymptomatic, sat outside on the balcony of his room at the Cidade do Futebol de Oeiras, to watch the squad compete their final preparations for Wednesday's Nations League game against Sweden. The rest of the Portugal squad tested negative and spent the day being taken through their drills by coach Fernando Santos. Cristiano won't be able to play in the Sweden game and for the time being, has to remain in confinement until he returns a negative test.
Portugal go into Wednesday's match as joint leaders in League A Group 3 with France - both team are on seven points from three games with Portugal having a superior goal difference. Both teams remain unbeaten with three group games left to play.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?