West Ham fan banned from football after racially abusing Mohamed Salah
A West Ham fan has been banned from football for 3 years after admitting to hurling anti-Islamic slurs against Liverpool's star Mohamed Salah.
West Ham fan Bradley Thumwood admitted to shouting racial slurs at Liverpool star Mohamed Salah during the game between Liverpool and West Ham in February 2019.
The West ham fan from Bexleyheath, who was caught on camera racially abusing the Egyptian Muslim winger by saying “Salah you f****** Muslim. F****** Muslim c***. F*** off”, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, where he pleaded guilty to a racially aggravated Section 5 public order offense.
The court handed Thumwood a three-year ban from football and a £400 fine, in addition to ordering him to pay a victim surcharge and costs of £215.
West Ham statement
A West Ham spokesperson said in a press release from the Metropolitan Police: "West Ham United is unequivocal in its stance - we have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination.
"Equality and diversity are at the heart of the football club and we are committed to continuing to ensure that everyone who enters London Stadium is free to enjoy watching their team play football in an inclusive environment.
"The club works closely with Kick It Out and our fan group BAME Hammers. In conjunction with those parties, the club will offer educational sessions to the individual in question in an effort to reform their views, whilst reserving the right to uphold their indefinite bans, should those efforts prove unsuccessful."
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby