Real Madrid team news ahead of Cádiz clash: Hazard, Courtois, Carvajal
Zinedine Zidane will once again be without several players for Real Madrid's LaLiga clash with Cádiz at the Estadio Alfredo di Stéfano.
Zinedine Zidane oversaw his third training session of the week on Wednesday with several players still absent due to international duty – a situation which has paved the way for several youth players to join the first team sessions, including 16-year-old Japanese sensation, Pipi.
The good news from Wednesday’s session was that first-choice goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was able to train as normal.
There had been some concerns about Courtois after he left Belgium’s camp with some muscle discomfort in his lower back.
However, it was confirmed on Wednesday that the 28-year-old shot stopper has recovered and will be available for Saturday’s home meeting with Cádiz at the Estadio Alfredo di Stéfano. So too will Vinicius, who had missed training due to a cold.
Hazard, Carvajal remain unavailable
Five players will not be at Zidane’s disposal this weekend, with Dani Carvajal, Eden Hazard, Mariano, Eder Militao and Álvaro Odriozola all continuing with their respective recoveries.
Hazard has yet to feature this season and, as things stand, will struggle to make it back for the Clásico against Barcelona at Camp Nou on 24 October. Both he and Carvajal worked inside the training facilities and did not set foot on the grass.
With Carvajal and Odriozola both missing for the visit of Cádiz, right back duties will once again fall on Nacho.
With Militao also unavailable Zidane is left significantly depleted in defence. The Brazilian defender managed some solo exercises in the gym and on the grass, as did Mariano. But neither will be ready to return this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?