Ter Stegen set to miss El Clásico
FC Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman admitted that the German stopper would miss the game against Real Madrid as he continues to recover from a knee operation.
Marc André Ter Stegen will miss El Clásico on 24 October at Camp Nou. The news was broken by Barça boss Ronald Koeman as he spoke to the media in the press conference as the Catalan side face Getafe on Saturday. The Dutch coach stated: "I don't believe he'll be ready for next week, there is no return date but we'll just have to keep an eye on his line of recovery".
The German stopper returned to individual training earlier this week and sources at the club believe that the player will miss at least the next three weeks of action which could see the keeper also miss the key Champions League game against Juventus on 28 October but could be ready for a comeback against Dynamo Kiev on 4 November.
Marc-André Ter Stegen decided to put an end to the ongoing issues that he had been having with the patellar tendon in his right knee and underwent an operation on 18 August with the recovery process from the operation taking longer that was originally anticipated. Brazilian Neto Murara has been deputising for the German in his absence.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Neymar in high spirits in individual training at PSG
- MLB MLB spring training: who's playing this weekend and how to watch
- NFL Could Mac Jones be the quarterback of the future with the New England Patriots?
- US News Why has Biden ordered military action in Syria?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?