Ter Stegen set to miss El Clásico
FC Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman admitted that the German stopper would miss the game against Real Madrid as he continues to recover from a knee operation.
Marc André Ter Stegen will miss El Clásico on 24 October at Camp Nou. The news was broken by Barça boss Ronald Koeman as he spoke to the media in the press conference as the Catalan side face Getafe on Saturday. The Dutch coach stated: "I don't believe he'll be ready for next week, there is no return date but we'll just have to keep an eye on his line of recovery".
The German stopper returned to individual training earlier this week and sources at the club believe that the player will miss at least the next three weeks of action which could see the keeper also miss the key Champions League game against Juventus on 28 October but could be ready for a comeback against Dynamo Kiev on 4 November.
Marc-André Ter Stegen decided to put an end to the ongoing issues that he had been having with the patellar tendon in his right knee and underwent an operation on 18 August with the recovery process from the operation taking longer that was originally anticipated. Brazilian Neto Murara has been deputising for the German in his absence.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?