Salah reaches 100 goals for Liverpool in Everton draw
Mohamed Salah became the 17th Liverpool player to reach 100 goals for the club by finding the net in Saturday's Merseyside derby against Everton.
Mohamed Salah chalked up a century of Liverpool goals by scoring in the Merseyside derby - becoming the fastest to reach three figures for the Reds in over 50 years.
The Egyptian attacker has been a revelation in Jürgen Klopp's team and scored his 100th goal for the club in what was his 159th appearance.
It made him the 17th player in Liverpool's history to get to three figures, and the first to reach the landmark since Steven Gerrard achieved the feat in 2008 on his way to 186 career goals with the Merseyside giants.
Salah third-fastest in history to Liverpool century
100 - Mohamed Salah has scored his 100th goal in his 159th game for @LFC in all competitions - only Roger Hunt and Jack Parkinson have reached the milestone in fewer appearances for the Reds. Centurion. #EVELIV pic.twitter.com/qXKN4yWBGH— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) October 17, 2020
Only two players have reached a century of goals for Liverpool in fewer appearances, with Roger Hunt hitting that mark in 144 games on his way to scoring 285 times for the club from 1958 to 1969.
Jack Parkinson, who played for Liverpool from 1903 to 1914, reached 100 goals in 153 games. He finished with 129 goals in 220 games.
Former Chelsea and Roma forward Salah, 28, joined Liverpool in 2017 and helped them win the Champions League in 2018-19 and the Premier League last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Thierry Henry to stay in Major League Soccer... for now
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: $600 California 2021 payment, IRS tax deadline, when it's coming | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?