Real Madrid: Bale the only player unwilling to take pay cut - report
Radio station Cadena SER says Gareth Bale was the only member of the Real Madrid squad against taking a pay cut as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Gareth Bale was the only Real Madrid player unwilling to take a pay cut earlier this year as Los Blancos struggled with a drop in revenue caused by the coronavirus crisis, it has been reported.
Whole Real Madrid squad OK with pay cut except Bale
After football was suspended because of the pandemic, the Madrid squad in April accepted a 10% reduction to their annual salaries, which would have risen to 20% if the 2019/20 season had been unable to resume.
According to Spanish radio station Cadena SER, every first-team player at Madrid was in agreement with the move except for Bale, who this summer re-signed for Tottenham Hotspur on an initial year-long loan.
Real Madrid save around 50 million euros
In total, it is believed that Madrid saved just under 50 million euros as a result of wage cuts taken not only by the first team, but also reserve side Castilla, the club’s basketball team and Bernabéu directors.
Although Madrid’s 2019/20 accounts are yet to be released, it has emerged that the savings made by the LaLiga champions helped them to post a 320,000-euro budget surplus last term.
Real Madrid vs Cádiz live online
Real Madrid host newly-promoted Cádiz on Saturday at 18:30 CEST, as Zinedine Zidane’s men look to consolidate their position at the top of LaLiga.
Follow live-text coverage of the matchday-six clash at the Estadio Alfredo di Stéfano.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?