LaLiga: Suárez becomes second fastest to 150 goals this century
Atlético Madrid striker Luis Suárez scored his 150th LaLiga goal in Saturday's victory over Celta Vigo, reaching the figure quicker than Lionel Messi.
Luis Suárez scored his 150th LaLiga goal in Atlético Madrid's win at Celta Vigo on Saturday, becoming the second fastest player to reach that milestone in the competition this century.
Suárez brings up landmark figure in 2-0 win in Vigo
The Uruguay international opened the scoring at Balaídos with a sweeping early finish from eight yards, before Yannick Carrasco sealed a 2-0 victory for Atleti in time added on.
Suárez got to the figure in 195 appearances - faster than former team-mate Lionel Messi and behind only Cristiano Ronaldo, who reached it in 140 games for Real Madrid.
150 - Luis Suárez has scored 150 goals in 195 appearances in LaLiga, becoming the second fastest player to reach this milestone in the competition in the 21st century, after Cristiano Ronaldo (140). Predatory. pic.twitter.com/DpW7wnrBSe— OptaJose (@OptaJose) October 17, 2020
Three goals for Atlético, 147 for Barcelona
Suárez has scored three goals for new side Atlético and 147 with Barcelona, where he spent six trophy-laden campaigns before leaving the club ahead of this season.
Of his 150 LaLiga goals, 110 have been scored with his right foot, 26 with his left and 14 with his head.
Suárez's impressive haul is boosted by nine penalties, while eight of his goals have come from outside the penalty area.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 France national team squad: players, absences...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen still in hospital, condition is stable
- EURO 2020 Germany national team squad: players, absences...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos, Florentino Pérez hold Valdebebas talks
- EURO 2020 England - Croatia live online: UEFA Euro 2020 | Group D
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Child tax payment, tax refund status, IRS offices...