Zidane brings up Real Madrid milestone in Cádiz defeat
Zinedine Zidane took charge of his 150th league match as champions Real Madrid suffered a shock loss to newly promoted Cádiz on Saturday.
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane moved third on the club's all-time list for LaLiga games overseen but had little cause to celebrate as he watched his side turn in a wretched performance against an inspired Cádiz side on Saturday.
Zidane took charge of his 150th league match as champions Madrid suffered a shock 1-0 loss to the newly promoted Andalusian outfit.
Only Miguel Muñoz (424) and Vicente Del Bosque (153) have overseen more LaLiga matches whilst at the helm of Madrid.
Zidane closing in on Del Bosque
Zidane, who made his coaching debut in his first spell at the Santiago Bernabeu in 2016, guided Los Blancos to LaLiga glory last season.
The Frenchman has tallied 102 LaLiga victories, only behind Muñoz (257).
In two spells with Madrid, former star Zidane has won three Champions League titles, two LaLiga trophies, two Club World Cups, two UEFA Super Cups and two Supercopa de España crowns.
Madrid remain top of the table in 2020-21, ahead of Getafe, Cádiz and Granada on goal difference.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Koeman: "Van Dijk was too lazy and too arrogant but now he's one of the best"
- Real Madrid Real Madrid in Champions League: group, games, schedule, dates and opponents, prediction
- World Cup 2022 Cazorla: "Qatar is an amazing host nation for the World Cup"
- BARCELONA-FERENCVAROS Barcelona's Neto: "Taking a wage cut? Everyone has their point of view"
- MLB Los Angeles Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: times, TV and how to watch the MLB World Series 2020
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile