Manchester City planning to test Messi's Barcelona resolve
After being linked in the summer, Manchester City are reportedly plotting a move to bring Leo Messi to the Premier League when the transfer window reopens.
Manchester City were reportedly close to luring Leo Messi to the Premier League from Barcelona during the summer transfer window, only for the Argentina captain to remain at Camp Nou after an impasse over his release clause.
However, having tasted the prospect of seeing Messi in City colours, the Premier League side are are believed to be planning another move in January.
City still hopeful of Messi move
Man City plot January transfer swoop for wantaway Barcelona star Lionel Messihttps://t.co/5Ld4Vin0Um— Daily Star Sport (@DailyStar_Sport) October 17, 2020
Manchester City are considering an offer to prise Messi from Barcelona in January, according to the Daily Star.
Messi handed in a transfer request at the start of the season and the Barça captain was tipped to join City before opting to remain at Camp Nou.
Pep Guardiola's City, however, have not given up on Messi as they eye a £15million (€16m) bid for the six-time Ballon d'Or winner – who was also linked to Juventus, Inter and Paris Saint-Germain previously.
Kalvin Phillips in demand with Liverpool, Spurs watching
- The Mirror claims Barça are eyeing January moves for Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum and City defender Eric Garcia. Lyon captain Memphis Depay has also been linked.
- Liverpool and Tottenham are set to battle it out for the signing of Leeds United's £50million midfielder Kalvin Phillips, reports the Mirror.
- The Sun says Manchester United are circling for Real Madrid midfielder Federico Valverde. United believe a swap deal involving Paul Pogba could be possible due to Valverde's £640m (€705m) release clause.
- N'Golo Kanté has no intention of leaving Chelsea, according to Le10 Sport. The France international has been linked to Inter and Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Thierry Henry to stay in Major League Soccer... for now
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: $600 California 2021 payment, IRS tax deadline, when it's coming | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?