Last time Lakers and Dodgers won championships in the same year was in 1988
After the Dodgers secured their spot in the World Series for the third time in three years, the city of Los Angeles could see another NBA/MLB title double.
The Dodgers had to come from behind to secure a spot in the 2020 World Series after defeating the Atlanta Braves in game seven of the National League Championship Series. This is the third time in four years that the Dodgers have made it to the final, but they have failed to win the title on all occasions.
The Los Angeles Lakers won the NBA championship for the first time in 10 years and now the City of Angels could witness another major team lift the title in their respective sport if the Dodgers can win the series this time around.
Lakers celebrated Dodgers victory
At one point the Dodgers were down 3-1 in the series, but managed to overcome every single obstacle to defeat the Atlanta Braves in game seven. Julio Urías came out to the mound to end the game and after his last pitch the celebrations started on social media.
Former Laker Magic Johnson congratulated the players, coaches and all Dodger fans around the world for making it to the World Series. Lakers superstar Lebron James also took to social media to congratulate the Dodgers for their outstanding accomplishment.
The Dodgers will face the Tampa Bay Rays in the finale with Game 1 starting on 20 October. The Los Angeles team lost back-to-back in 2017 and 2018, so they will try to bounce back and give the city another reason to celebrate during these strange times.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?