Barcelona president Bartomeu self-isolating after Covid-19 contact
Barça's president won't be able to attend tonight's Champions League game at Camp Nou. He was in contact with a family member who tested positive.
Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu won't be taking up his usual place in the box at Camp Nou for the team's opening Champions League game against Ferencvaros this evening. Bartomeu is self-isolating as a precaution after having been in direct contact with a family member who tested positive for Covid-19. As things stand, Bartomeu underwent a PCR test which returned a negative result, but he now must undergo a second test. The azulgrana president is hopeful of being able to attend Saturday's Clásico when Real Madrid pay their annual visit. To do so, he will need to return a second negative test.
Difficult moment for Bartomeu
It's the latest setback for the president who is battling on several fronts in the most testing time of his tenure. He will be awaiting the results of voting on a motion of no confidence, which is due to take place on 1 and 2 November. If two thirds of club members vote in favour of the, he and the board will be forced to resign. As if that wasn't enough, Bartomeu is also embroiled in attempts to see club employees and professional playing staff take a wage cut. On Wednesday, a meeting has been called to address the matter but now it looks like he won't be able to attend.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx