Barcelona president Bartomeu self-isolating after Covid-19 contact
Barça's president won't be able to attend tonight's Champions League game at Camp Nou. He was in contact with a family member who tested positive.
Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu won't be taking up his usual place in the box at Camp Nou for the team's opening Champions League game against Ferencvaros this evening. Bartomeu is self-isolating as a precaution after having been in direct contact with a family member who tested positive for Covid-19. As things stand, Bartomeu underwent a PCR test which returned a negative result, but he now must undergo a second test. The azulgrana president is hopeful of being able to attend Saturday's Clásico when Real Madrid pay their annual visit. To do so, he will need to return a second negative test.
Difficult moment for Bartomeu
It's the latest setback for the president who is battling on several fronts in the most testing time of his tenure. He will be awaiting the results of voting on a motion of no confidence, which is due to take place on 1 and 2 November. If two thirds of club members vote in favour of the, he and the board will be forced to resign. As if that wasn't enough, Bartomeu is also embroiled in attempts to see club employees and professional playing staff take a wage cut. On Wednesday, a meeting has been called to address the matter but now it looks like he won't be able to attend.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?