Eto'o accuses ‘France Football’ of a lack of respect for getting his position wrong
The Cameroonian featured in the ‘Ballon d’Or Dream Team’ - but as a right winger and not a centre-forward, an oversight which he claims is "a lack of respect".
Samuel Eto'o isn't happy about being included in the Ballon d'Or Dream Team as a right winger when he has always been a centre-forward. The former Real Madrid and Barcelona player has let France Football, the magazine that organises the award, know about their mistake. On social media, Eto'o described the publication getting his natural position wrong as "a lack of respect".
Eto'o, a living football legend
It was little consolation for the Cameroonian to be included among some of the greatest players the game has ever seen - football legends such as David Beckham, George Best, Figo, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Kevin Keegan, Stanley Matthews, Leo Messi and Arjen Robben. His gripe was not appearing in his category - an out-and-out striker and he posted in French on his Twitter account: "Thank you, but I only played for one season and part of another out on the right wing. For the rest of the 25 years of my career, I was a centre-forward. What a lack of respect".
Eto'o, 39, hung his boots up last season while playing for Qatar SC, the last of 13 clubs he represented during his career, playing a total of 720 games and scoring 360 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?