Eto'o accuses ‘France Football’ of a lack of respect for getting his position wrong
The Cameroonian featured in the ‘Ballon d’Or Dream Team’ - but as a right winger and not a centre-forward, an oversight which he claims is "a lack of respect".
Samuel Eto'o isn't happy about being included in the Ballon d'Or Dream Team as a right winger when he has always been a centre-forward. The former Real Madrid and Barcelona player has let France Football, the magazine that organises the award, know about their mistake. On social media, Eto'o described the publication getting his natural position wrong as "a lack of respect".
Eto'o, a living football legend
It was little consolation for the Cameroonian to be included among some of the greatest players the game has ever seen - football legends such as David Beckham, George Best, Figo, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Kevin Keegan, Stanley Matthews, Leo Messi and Arjen Robben. His gripe was not appearing in his category - an out-and-out striker and he posted in French on his Twitter account: "Thank you, but I only played for one season and part of another out on the right wing. For the rest of the 25 years of my career, I was a centre-forward. What a lack of respect".
Eto'o, 39, hung his boots up last season while playing for Qatar SC, the last of 13 clubs he represented during his career, playing a total of 720 games and scoring 360 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas