Eto'o accuses ‘France Football’ of a lack of respect for getting his position wrong
The Cameroonian featured in the ‘Ballon d’Or Dream Team’ - but as a right winger and not a centre-forward, an oversight which he claims is "a lack of respect".
Samuel Eto'o isn't happy about being included in the Ballon d'Or Dream Team as a right winger when he has always been a centre-forward. The former Real Madrid and Barcelona player has let France Football, the magazine that organises the award, know about their mistake. On social media, Eto'o described the publication getting his natural position wrong as "a lack of respect".
Eto'o, a living football legend
It was little consolation for the Cameroonian to be included among some of the greatest players the game has ever seen - football legends such as David Beckham, George Best, Figo, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Kevin Keegan, Stanley Matthews, Leo Messi and Arjen Robben. His gripe was not appearing in his category - an out-and-out striker and he posted in French on his Twitter account: "Thank you, but I only played for one season and part of another out on the right wing. For the rest of the 25 years of my career, I was a centre-forward. What a lack of respect".
Eto'o, 39, hung his boots up last season while playing for Qatar SC, the last of 13 clubs he represented during his career, playing a total of 720 games and scoring 360 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night